Quality improvements: Recommendations
There are many possibilities how to improve research quality:
- Use a management software and ELN to improve efficiency and traceability.
- Maintain the equipment, keep up with technology, automate processes.
- Provide training and visit conferences/workshops
- Set up and regularly improve SOPs, data management and documentation.
- Organise an audit or a yearly review of the CF processes
- Provide CF staff feedback and user’s feedback
- Get a quality accreditation,
Audit / Review
A yearly audit from external colleagues or a self-review with all the CF staff will allow you to reflect on your performance, identify and solve problems together and think of possible improvements. You should cover the following topics:
- Past: check the implementation status of the previous year’s resolutions and assess their usefulness.
- Present: review the current processes.
- Future: identify improvements to implement in the coming year.
Write a summary of the session, including the findings, solutions and responsibilities. And don’t forget to schedule the next year meeting…